What's new

Need help IDing! Old locket? Pendant?

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
It's a little less than 7/8" wide and about 1 inch tall. My first thought it was some sort of locket, but I don't know.

It must have had two pieces originally, but one piece is missing. It has a nice flower/sun design stamped into it. Age? It could be from anywhere from the early 1800s to the 20th century, so I guess I can't help much, haha. It looks to be copper.


Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • September 13, 2009 resized.webp
    September 13, 2009 resized.webp
    6 KB · Views: 276
  • September 13, 2009 resized 3.webp
    September 13, 2009 resized 3.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 267
  • September 13, 2009 resized 2.webp
    September 13, 2009 resized 2.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 270
  • September 13, 2009 resized 4.webp
    September 13, 2009 resized 4.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 267
I'm thinking part of old furniture or bed hardware. Can't find a link yet but looking.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • bed bolt cover brass.webp
    bed bolt cover brass.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 264
  • bed bolt cover brass.webp
    bed bolt cover brass.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
72cheyenne said:
I'm thinking part of old furniture or bed hardware. Can't find a link yet but looking.
Yes Im thinking the same. It may be a bolt cover on a bed frame.

That's it! Thanks BCH. I've been absent from Tnet for about a week and I'm trying to play catch up on reading all the unread posts. Sheesh you guys have been busy. :D
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
bigcypresshunter said:
72cheyenne said:
I'm thinking part of old furniture or bed hardware. Can't find a link yet but looking.
Yes Im thinking the same. It may be a bolt cover on a bed frame.

That's it! Thanks BCH. I've been absent from Tnet for about a week and I'm trying to play catch up on reading all the unread posts. Sheesh you guys have been busy. :D
I agree http://www.paxtonhardware.com/Bed-Bolts-Covers/departments/422/
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • brass_keyhole_cover1.webp
    brass_keyhole_cover1.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 233
  • brass_keyhole_cover3.webp
    brass_keyhole_cover3.webp
    2.7 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Yes I forgot to say it could also be a keyhole cover.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom