What's new

need help iding this piece....

teak

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
193
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
need help id'ing this piece....

Found yesterday in a field that has produced a regiment button and other early military buttons, CW items and some nice coins! The front has either a "2" and a "G" or "6" At least thats the way I see it?. No shank, so not sure its a button? About the size of a dime. Thanks!!
 

Attachments

  • SAM_0692.webp
    SAM_0692.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 117
  • SAM_0698.webp
    SAM_0698.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 113
  • SAM_0700.webp
    SAM_0700.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 104
Either a Lead Token or homemade weight
 
Upvote 0
I think you're right, I looked at a link with lead seals, it looks just like the ones I was seeing!! Thanks!!
 
Upvote 0
I think Cru is right with weight myself.Never seen a seal that looked like that & I've found a few.It looks more like a trade weight cause of what it's made of,it's size,& it's shape all scream trade weight to me.Plenty here to make your own mind up..............................
UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 
Upvote 0
Since you put it that way I agree. Looks just like the ones in the link. Thanks for the help and research! : )
 
Upvote 0
No research needed, it's clearly not a bag/bale/cloth seal which only leaves 2 options, Lead Tokens are rare in the US, so weight is most likely.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom