- Joined
- Apr 24, 2010
- Messages
- 13,021
- Reaction score
- 28,183
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upper Canada 🇨🇦
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
worldtalker said:Dave, can't help ya on the date, I will say that is worthy of display!!!!!!!!!Planning to up Herbie's way in Oct. GodBless HH Chris
Very nice!If I recall right,he said he had one plating done,got more to go.Sure did enjoy myself on that shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANTIQUARIAN said:worldtalker said:Dave, can't help ya on the date, I will say that is worthy of display!!!!!!!!!Planning to up Herbie's way in Oct. GodBless HH Chris
Hey Chris,
I saw what you guys found last week!Very nice!
Herbie's in the process of re-plating this old ring for me that "Sentinel" found,
I purchased it from him earlier this year.
Have fun with Herbie in NH in October!
Dave
Mackaydon said:It might be easier to date the year the cottage was built then estimate that within a year or two prior would be the date of the door knocker; just saying........
ivan salis said:buy it a glass of white wine , tell it has a wonderful wit and it looks lovely .
seriously nice find -- look at old land deeds for the spot see when it was inhabited -- the houses listed on the tax deeds should give you a ball park age range .

Boomdeyada said:Nice knocker and ring, To bad we don't have a "like" button here.![]()


Mackaydon said:It might be easier to date the year the cottage was built then estimate that within a year or two prior would be the date of the door knocker; just saying........
I have an 'acorn' pattern in addition to this 'thistle', amazing how well these thin brass stampings come out of the ground.