xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TNet masters... I need help on the following three items any info is helpful as I know very little about these things.

1) The small silver thing. It was found in a colonial era field. I believe it's silver because it cleaned up to be shiny with baking soda. It was suggested that its a collar stud. I'm not sure how old something like this would be. Any info would be great.

2) The two small broken pieces. They were found in a colonial era field as well. I thought it was a buckle frame but the one little piece is closed on the end suggesting that it wasn't part of a square or rectangle. It's a mystery to me.

3) The bracelet. I suspect it's 1950's era tourist stuff. If you zoom in it has some native American style art. On the back it's stamped "solid copper" it was found in a city park. I thought this was trash at first but I really like it. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance for the brain power!

Attachments

• IMG_7711.JPG
    IMG_7711.JPG
    519.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7710.JPG
    IMG_7710.JPG
    907.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7709.JPG
    IMG_7709.JPG
    674.5 KB · Views: 54

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool finds my friend. :thumbsup:
The little 'silver stud' is definitely interesting, hopefully you'll get the answers you're looking for here.

Dave

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool digs. Definitely a collar stud. They've been around since the mid 19th C but reached the height of fashion in the early 20th.

I found a pic of your bracelet but the ad was no longer available on pic click. You are spot-on with your vintage tourist item assessment. Likely 1950 - 60's.

Vintage-Solid-Copper-Native-American-Indian-Hieroglyphics-Cuff.jpg

The broken item has an older vibe. Maybe pieces of a "bar pin". Late 19th C fashion accessory.

ladyr.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs. Definitely a collar stud. They've been around since the mid 19th C but reached the height of fashion in the early 20th.

I found a pic of your bracelet but the ad was no longer available on pic click. You are spot-on with your vintage tourist item assessment. Likely 1950 - 60's.

View attachment 1817392

The broken item has an older vibe. Maybe pieces of a "bar pin". Late 19th C fashion accessory.

View attachment 1817395

Wow DC Matt! Thanks for the info! I can't believe you found the exact same bracelet! Thanks for confirming my thoughts on the first two items and the possibility of the bar pin! 2/3 I'll give this a solved.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread