What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Need help on this Button..

blugotti1

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
1,141
Reaction score
924
Golden Thread
0
Location
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600., Garrett At pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I dug this button years ago on the river near where i live at an old crossroad intersection under a huge oak tree. It's like silver plated and had a tin back.. I was just wondering if it may have been worn in like a medieval army or something? thanks for any help guys!!!!
 

Attachments

  • dragon button.webp
    dragon button.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 140
  • dragon button2.webp
    dragon button2.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 72
Cool button. It has the titles and emblem (a salamander) for King Francis I, who ruled France between 1515-1547. These are fairly common buttons that, for some unknown reason, seem to have begun appearing in Victorian times but as ostentatious/patriotic gentlemen's fashion buttons. You can still buy them today.
 
Upvote 5
thanks red-coat!
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom