What's new

Need help on very little button

fishbone3d

Full Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
204
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
The writing is so small, that I can only make out the first phrase. the phrase is "flueium" which is Latin . It means "to run with."
The image in the center is a boat with three sails. Above the boat impression is a crown. Above that is a banner with the writing flueium. After that is only my guess iuvieritua? Here are two pics that I have. This is the best resolution that I can get at this moment.
 

Attachments

  • buttonDSC00386.webp
    buttonDSC00386.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 253
  • buttonDSC00387.webp
    buttonDSC00387.webp
    101.1 KB · Views: 222
Most likely a blazer button.
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Most likely a blazer button.
I agree.

The pic is out of focus but by the way you describe it, it resembles this SAPEURS POMPIERS DE PARIS button. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Fire_Brigade

button crown shield sails.webp

I dont recognize the Latin description but I agree, without the Paris Fire Brigade inscription, its most likely a civilian fashion blazer button.
 
Upvote 0
I really appreciate the help.
 
Upvote 0
Anybody else have any information?
 
Upvote 0
Besides the French inscription, does the rest of the button match?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Besides the French inscription, does the rest of the button match?
My button is in Latin on the very top in micro-writing above the crown. The similar button posted later down the thread has French writing. The middle crest with the boat with three sails below a crown is exactly the same as mine.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom