chuckfinley
Tenderfoot
a friend of mine found this and he's not good with computers so Im posting this for him.
Im not going to say what we think it is right away. I want to hear what you guys have to say..
In my opinion i think this find is big.. really big.. cause I have only ever seen one of them found before.
but maybe you think otherwise..
BTW Im new here so hi to all and thanks for your help here in advance...
Also the links are solid Gold and they are joined by silver...
It weighs 1.15 oz
and I cant tell you were it was found.
Im not going to say what we think it is right away. I want to hear what you guys have to say..
In my opinion i think this find is big.. really big.. cause I have only ever seen one of them found before.
but maybe you think otherwise..
BTW Im new here so hi to all and thanks for your help here in advance...
Also the links are solid Gold and they are joined by silver...
It weighs 1.15 oz
and I cant tell you were it was found.
, and from what I can see from your pic, it appears there is a discoloration band on just about every link; perhaps where it was joined/welded. Gold basically comes out of the ground the way it goes it. There are very few exceptions, one being exposed to beach elements; sand, salt, surf, etc. Seeing these discolorations and bands, tells me it could be gold plated. Did the person who tested it scratch the surface to test? Breezie
And with so much interrest in your piece I would like to share with you some other items that would have used these types of chains.And if it wasn't for your chain being short looking & having the larger links in the middle these choices would be on my list.But they will show the construction of such chains during the time frame I mentioned above that being early to mid 1800's.

Breezie







