What's new

Need help to identify a gun part found in Civil War area.

RvaDiggn

Full Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
119
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265x, F2 Nautlius DMC IIb
I'm really stumped on this one, can not find out what kind of gun this would have been, I dug this today in a dirt mound while metal detecting for CW artifacts . I found a Minie ball, a round ball, this gun and a Zuave cuff button.
 

Attachments

  • Video 15 0 00 23-03.webp
    Video 15 0 00 23-03.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,434
Well for starters with no provisions for a cylinder leads me to think single shot, plus with the amount of hardware below the missing barrel area maybe a top break single shot.

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom