What's new

Need help to identify

jmachulski

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
These are from my 92 year old grandfather. Not sure how old or where there from. I do know they originally lived in Oklahoma. But not sure if these are from ok. Any info would be a great starting point for my research. Thanks.

Large dark one is 6 inches long 2 3/4 wide both sides at the thickest top part.

Light color one is 3 1/2 long 2 3/4 wide by 1 3/4 wide
 

Attachments

  • image-1152524561.webp
    image-1152524561.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 152
  • image-505220227.webp
    image-505220227.webp
    63.2 KB · Views: 152
  • image-243966611.webp
    image-243966611.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image-4225150641.webp
    image-4225150641.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 132
  • image-4157978108.webp
    image-4157978108.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 0
Those look like some nice axes. The smaller one looks to be a full grooved axe, the other, 3/4. They say full grooved axes are older. They resemble axes from just about everywhere across the country. Sorry I can't be more help.

Joel
 
Thank you Joel. That gets me started with my research. I thought they were cooking tools. Really glad to hear there axes.
 
Were you thinking Pestles? Those heads are worth much more in $.
 
Great axe saves.
 
Thank y'all so much for the input. I'm now in the process of narrowing down there origin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom