What's new

Need help to identify

jmachulski

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
My grand parents would of been married 72 years now. According to my grandmother these were given to them as gifts from Indians. They got married in Ponca City Oklahoma

What are these and are they worth anything? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image-1690109741.webp
    image-1690109741.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image-546603130.webp
    image-546603130.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1210990565.webp
    image-1210990565.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
I am not familiar with western artifacts of that era. Do you know what culture may have created them?
 
Ponca tribe as far as I can tell. But not too sure.
 
Ty. Any idea of how old. Just emailed some museums.
 
If I am correct they would be given as gifts at weddings. Here is one from the Southwestern US.


23972t.webp
 
I drove to see the grand Canyon one yr many moons ago and their were places on the side of the road that you could buy things like that from the local Indians selling them. Not saying that is what you have. I bought a nice ring and wore it. One day I was loading my boat and the trailer shifted and hit my ring and saved my finger, it broke the ring in half.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom