What's new

Need help with age of this "horse shoe"

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Need help with age of this "horse shoe"

My sister found this horse shoe in her yard in South Jersey. I guess it could have been used for another type of large animal, but I'm completely clueless.

Can anyone provide the approximate age of this? Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0824.webp
    IMG_0824.webp
    19.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0827.webp
    IMG_0827.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 232
Re: Need help with age of this "horse shoe"

a picture would help, don't you think? LOL
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help with age of this "horse shoe"

haha, I accidentally hit post before uploading pics. Didn't think anyone would view it so quickly!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help with age of this "horse shoe"

I just happened to catch it. age would be hard to estimate, because typically shoes are a mild steel, which breaks down pretty quickly. Sorry
 
Upvote 0
Re: Need help with age of this "horse shoe"

It's extremely hard to put a date on dug horseshoes, but one of the best ways to get a guessitmate is to judge its age by the majority of the items you have found with and around it as well as its location, but still that is not a guarantee. Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom