Need help with ID on gold hallmark !!

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Can anyone possibly know anything about gold hallmarks.I have looked the web over trying to find this one ! Its says 14 then it looks to me like a fish with a c in the middle of it.....any help ?? Thanks !!

Thanks,Reddie

Attachments

• CC1.JPG
    CC1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 900
  • CC2.JPG
    CC2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,423
Looks kind of "fishy," I know, but it's supposed to be a "C" on an arrowhead. It's the mark of Carter, Gough & Co. of Newark, NJ. The firm existed under numerous names (Carter & ____) from 1841 until 1915, when it became known as Carter, Gough & Co. The last reported listing for them was in 1922.

You can see a similar mark on the back of a brooch at:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,1227431.html#image2

Upvote 0
PBK you are simply amazing !!! :o :o .I would like just half of your great knowledge !!! :)

Upvote 0
Well now you know you have a known, marked, beautiful piece of gold jewelry. Sure beats the standard 10 or 14k ring that has been reshaped by a lawnmower. LOL
Great dig Red!

~Nash~

Upvote 0
hollowpointred said:
how did you aquire it reddie? did you dig it?

I dug it but i thought it was just gold plated but i think its solid gold now ! WOO HOO !!!!!! I wasn't even going to bother putting it on here !

Upvote 0
its hard to see from the photo but it looks like an old cufflink. id love to see some more pictures. it looks like a great find!

Upvote 0
At first glance, I thought it was an antique belly button adornment. Now I see that it's an old cufflink. Kinda hard for me to imagine grandma with a pierced navel :D

Upvote 0
Hey there I saw your post about your cuff link and I have the exact same question any news about it yet or if it is real gold . just checking ,this is my first time on this website so bare with me ..I only have one of them with some initial on it but it looks exactly like yours. thx krisfox63

Upvote 0
Hey there I saw your post about your cuff link and I have the exact same question any news about it yet or if it is real gold . just checking ,this is my first time on this website so bare with me ..I only have one of them with some initial on it but it looks exactly like yours. thx krisfox63

It was identified in the first comment under the original post.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back