What's new

Need Help With Identification

Hey Boy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 5, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
I found this a few days ago in a creek that saw a lot of Civil War activity. It's smaller than a dime and made of lead. I was leaning towards a bale seal but I don't think it is, maybe a game piece as there was a camp near by. Has anyone found anything similar? Google has been no help so I thought I'd turn to the metal detecting community.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0506.webp
    IMG_0506.webp
    111.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0507.webp
    IMG_0507.webp
    116 KB · Views: 79
Very INTERESTING FIND :)
 
Upvote 0
In the picture there appears to be rusty iron near the edge; that to me would indicate bale seal, although with the stars on it I would tell everyone it was a TEXAS bale seal lol.
 
Upvote 1
In the picture there appears to be rusty iron near the edge; that to me would indicate bale seal, although with the stars on it I would tell everyone it was a TEXAS bale seal lol.
It does look like something was attached to the edge at one time. Maybe it is a bale seal, but it's a tiny little thing.
 
Upvote 1
I found this a few days ago in a creek that saw a lot of Civil War activity. It's smaller than a dime and made of lead. I was leaning towards a bale seal but I don't think it is, maybe a game piece as there was a camp near by. Has anyone found anything similar? Google has been no help so I thought I'd turn to the metal detecting community.
Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Upvote 0
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Boy, welcome to Treasurenet, sorry, I had to remove your user banner, it listed a website link selling, and only paying supporting vendors can do so.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom