What's new

Need help with powder compact

searcherman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Fisher F75 LTD Black
I dug this out of a trash pit about two years ago. It has "Birks .... Sterling" mark. How old do ya'll think it is and is it worth anything? Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00313.webp
    DSC00313.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC00314.webp
    DSC00314.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC00316.webp
    DSC00316.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC00315.webp
    DSC00315.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 193
Birks is a Canadian company. They have been in business since 1879 I believe. I believe your compact dates to 1943 from the "H" letter on it. The first mark is the Canadian National Mark (a Lion’s head surrounded by a C). The second is a lion rampant and the letter is the date mark.
It is definitely worth it's weight in silver. It looks a little beat up so I doubt you would get anything other than melt price for it.
 
Upvote 0
diggummup said:
Birks is a Canadian company. They have been in business since 1879 I believe. I believe your compact dates to 1943 from the "H" letter on it. The first mark is the Canadian National Mark (a Lion’s head surrounded by a C). The second is a lion rampant and the letter is the date mark.
It is definitely worth it's weight in silver. It looks a little beat up so I doubt you would get anything other than melt price for it.
Sterling??? It's sterling silver right?
That wouldnt have melt value right? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom