DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some research and couldn't come up with much. I can make out 25 in the stamp and assume it is 925 and has thick links. I don't think it is very old but am hoping to find out its age and where it was made? IMG_1472.JPGIMG_1463.JPG

Hey Joe,
As you probably know, 925 means it is 92.5% silver, and that mark has been used in England and Europe since the 14th century. The United States started marking silver 925 in 1906.

I think the best indication of age will be the 'clasp.' Perhaps you could post several clear photos of it. I always enjoy finding the shiny stuff.. . .silver & gold. It looks substantial; how much does it weigh?

Neat find :)
Breezie

Upvote 0
IMG_1463.JPGIMG_1476.JPGIMG_1477.JPGIMG_1480.JPG thank you for the quick response Breezie. I am assuming it is silver but I am not seeing a 9 in the stamp and it makes me a little leary . I am all out of nitric acid, lol. I cant find my scales at this moment but will post weight when I do. I hope these pics help.Thanks again

Upvote 0
IMG_1481.JPG These scales are a little off, just shy a few grams.

Upvote 0
Joe, thanks for the pics. Even though you can't see the 9, I still believe it is Sterling silver. I'm not sure of the date of your clasp because I have seen it on modern as well as vintage jewelry. Actually, I have a 14k gold bracelet that has a clasp like yours on both sides of the closure. That particular bracelet is probably 30-40 years old.

I will do some more research on that clasp when I have some breathing time, and will get back to you and this post.

You have a great find!
:) Breezie

Upvote 0
Looks like a square curb chain. The 9 in 925 probably wore off or it was just a misaligned stamp mark. Not uncommon. Fake gold is much more predominant than fake silver. Most fake silver jewelry comes in the form of knock off designer signed stuff or the modern Chinese stuff.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back