What's new

Need help with the AT Pro !

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
357
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I use the AT Pro in water what parts of it do I need to cover up? Only the headphone jack with the caps? Since I don't have water proof headphones
 
Make sure both jacks are secure and make sure the battery pack is secure. :icon_scratch: Make sure you read your manual... :thumbsup: Then you should be good to go !! 8-)

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
I'm ashamed to say this but I completely forgot about the manual hahaha. Thanks
GL & HH!!
 
Read it a few times, I did. :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:
 
Make sure the o-ring on your battery cover is clean and in good shape. You can use petroleum jelly on the o-ring to help it seal better if the stuff from the factory is gone. Double check that your coil connector is good and tight.

If you are going to detect around other people I highly suggest buying some waterproof headphones. We may enjoy the sweet high tones that our detectors make, but to others not so much.

Do some underwater tests at home in your pool or bathtub to make sure that everything is good. You don't want to make a trip to the water only to discover a leak somewhere.
 
Make sure the o-ring on your battery cover is clean and in good shape. You can use petroleum jelly on the o-ring to help it seal better if the stuff from the factory is gone. Double check that your coil connector is good and tight. If you are going to detect around other people I highly suggest buying some waterproof headphones. We may enjoy the sweet high tones that our detectors make, but to others not so much. Do some underwater tests at home in your pool or bathtub to make sure that everything is good. You don't want to make a trip to the water only to discover a leak somewhere.

I thought about the noise as well. I will have to get some. Thank you so much for the help
 
Exactly what MUD and Jeremy say.
The AT is a competent machine and great in fresh water.
Peace
 
Careful using petroleum on O rings. It will eventually degrade them.
 
Careful using petroleum on O rings. It will eventually degrade them.

I thought about this as well after making my previous post. I would use whatever the manual specifies versus what any of us say. I had a waterproof camera that used a silicone grease that came with it. Silicone grease is probably the more correct answer.
 
Silicone is your best bet...
 
Absolutely! I have gone in up to my shoulders with the stock headphones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom