✅ SOLVED Need help with this one

capt.ken m

Jan 18, 2016
Bradenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When digging, I throw any interesting items in my bag. If it looks like a coin in the bag it goes. When I'm home I go through my finds. It's like treasure hunting all over again. Anyway, I'm going through my digs, and this comes up. I have no idea. Not sure how to start looking for info. on it. So I turned to you guys. What can you tell me? It definitely copper. Same size as a quarter. It has two holes on the edges, opposite sides. Thanks for any help. 20160312_071744.jpg 20160312_071841.jpg 1457786203591-1886546295.jpg

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I win

Antique PPIE 1915 naughty flipper coin depicting a bear on each side. When the coin is spun quickly it depicts a naughty picture of the two bears "humping" one another. Silly but rare piece of history to own. 2 small holes at 9 and 3 o’clock. These are the points on which the token pivoted within a small frame. Flicking the edge made the token spin rapidly, and the images of both sides would appear together-- in this case, creating a risque view of the two bears mating.

PPIE, The Panama - Pacific International Exposition was a world fair expo held in San Francisco from February 20th to December 4th in 1915.

Edit *** Bah thought I won .. grrrrrr

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread