need help

londog72

Jan 18, 2013
My brother aquired a an old jade piece that was bought over 20yrs ago and was old then. My guess is that it came from asia but have no clue what it is worth?? It is quite transparent as u can see my finger behind it. I think its jadeite but not sure. It is 28.5grams. Any body have a clue what its worth? Thx

ForumRunner_20130209_052944.png

ForumRunner_20130209_053211.png

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I had suggested with the other jade item try googling someone who deals in jade and contact them to get an idea of what you have then get several opinions and look for a market after all assessments are in.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like any other collectable it is worth what someone will pay for it. Now, that being said, have you had it looked at by a professional to be certain that it is jade? I had what I thought was an extensive collection, until a geologist friend came by and identified only five pieces as authentic jade. Most of it was soapstone and didn't even pass a hardness test. If your piece is authentic, it appears to be from China and about 100-125 years old, Ching dynasty. While the carving is good, it's not excellently finished, so would not bring top dollar at auction. Probably less than $100, but one never knows what can happen at an auction. Check out postings on Live Auctioneers and get an idea what similar pieces go for. To qualify for perusal of their 'sold' section you have to join, but it's free and nonintrusive.

p.s. understand I'm not an expert.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions