N no_limits Full Member Joined Apr 8, 2017 Messages 108 Reaction score 398 Golden Thread 0 Location Ohio Detector(s) used Garrett's ace 250/ Garrett AT pro/ AT pro pointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 5, 2018 #1 Found this about 6" down detecting last week its made of lead about the size of a dime with grooves on it not sure if it's a bullet or what never seen one like it any thoughts?
Found this about 6" down detecting last week its made of lead about the size of a dime with grooves on it not sure if it's a bullet or what never seen one like it any thoughts?
jeff of pa Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Dec 19, 2003 Messages 96,947 Reaction score 76,426 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 1 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #2 I've found Them also. I'm convinced it's a Bullet Upvote 0
GaRebel1861 Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 16, 2011 Messages 6,155 Reaction score 7,993 Golden Thread 4 Location Georgia 🥇 Banner finds 4 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #3 It’s a slug round from a shotgun. Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 5, 2018 #4 Yep. Rifled slug from a shotgun. Upvote 0
jeff of pa Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Dec 19, 2003 Messages 96,947 Reaction score 76,426 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 1 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #5 found this online Upvote 0
N no_limits Full Member Joined Apr 8, 2017 Messages 108 Reaction score 398 Golden Thread 0 Location Ohio Detector(s) used Garrett's ace 250/ Garrett AT pro/ AT pro pointer Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 5, 2018 Thread Owner #6 Thanks for the help I was thinking slug but wasn't sure now I can toss it. Upvote 0
jeff of pa Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Dec 19, 2003 Messages 96,947 Reaction score 76,426 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 1 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #7 I keep all my lead Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) Gold Member Joined Feb 3, 2006 Messages 13,215 Reaction score 17,441 Golden Thread 0 Location South Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands Detector(s) used Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Aug 5, 2018 #8 I keep and remelt the lead I find. I shoot flintlock muzzleloaders. Upvote 0