What's new

need id for a friend

huntress104

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
566
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
a friend of mine found this in a tobacco patch. he has had it for a while and was curious to know if it was an artifact or not. I decided to post it on here to get the expert opinion. it is wedge shaped and is 3" thick at the widest part and although it doesn't look like it, it is a large piece of flint. you can see some of the dark flint color showing through where it has been hit. any feedback is appreciated. Thanks



DSC03161.webp DSC03160.webp DSC03159.webp DSC03155.webp
 
Upvote 0
Well if it is flint Im not sure if you can drill a hole in flint can you? I was thinking it was iron ore by the color of it. Strange maybe somebody else will know. I will bump it up for you, rock
 
That is interesting and a great ID.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom