What's new

Need Information on this item

Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a field along the Minnesota River. Just started in this hobby and really don't have a clue if this is native jewelry or just a natural occurrence. Pretty sure it is made of bone.

2.webp3.webp1.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a type of seal that popped off a screw. And it looks like plastic.
 
Looks like a type of seal that popped off a screw. And it looks like plastic.

Not plastic, feels like bone. Also the center has possible marrow (brown color) in the one photo.
 
I doubt it's bone or Native American.
Farm field?
 
Some sort of shell?
 
So you folks think this is just a natural occurrence?
 
I do not think it's natural. I think it's something of modern material, man made, and maybe aged in the soil making it difficult to identify the material it's made of.

Wats the size of it?
 
Where are you, or what are you near in Minnesota?
 
I think its a hard piece of plastic and the section you think shows bone is where the glue residue has dried with dirt in it. The hole is a screw hole
 
Can you show the item in profile so we can see its height and style from that angle please?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom