need opinions

K-Man

Apr 12, 2007
marinette, wi
i went to a local sports store and they had only one brand of medtal dtectors and it was prism. i was wondering if i could get some feedback or your opinions on the prism II. any opinions or feedback r welcome just curious might get it so i get it sooner.

next is i dont know if anyone would b able to help but when i do get my md i was wonder if any has ever been to marinette county wisconsin or in marinette(city) wisconsin and if u have if u would no good places to md. i know there is a island in the middle of the bay where there use to b a house but onlyprob is u need a boat to get there the house was built in 1850's till it caught fire and burnt down i would love to md there but dont have a boat. so if anyone could help with in the mainland would appreciate it.

dehaan24

Apr 17, 2007
NW LP Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
K-Man said:
i went to a local sports store and they had only one brand of medtal dtectors and it was prism. i was wondering if i could get some feedback or your opinions on the prism II. any opinions or feedback r welcome just curious might get it so i get it sooner.

next is i dont know if anyone would b able to help but when i do get my md i was wonder if any has ever been to marinette county wisconsin or in marinette(city) wisconsin and if u have if u would no good places to md. i know there is a island in the middle of the bay where there use to b a house but onlyprob is u need a boat to get there the house was built in 1850's till it caught fire and burnt down i would love to md there but dont have a boat. so if anyone could help with in the mainland would appreciate it.
I had the same problem where I live. Only one metal detector. While I don't know about the prism I would suggest buying online if you have time to wait for shipping. Great website is kellyco.com

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, White's is a very, very respected dealer, I would say that more serious hobbists use White's than any other brand. I can't remember ever hearing anything negative about any of their models?

Go for it ;D

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Ya!

I Run the White's Prizm III (Same as the Prizm II but with the depth indicator).

IF you're looking for a super quality entry level detector, the Prizm is it. Its accurate and the pinpointer is spot on. Just remember that with any detector, there is a learning curve, you have to learn your machine and the Prizm is no different. If your looking for a High Quality entry level machine, the Prizm will fit the bill. As mentioned earlier, you can never go wrong with a Whites

That's my 2 cents

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
TonyinCT said:
The Prizm II is a good detector but I think the Ace250 is better for the money. :)

i agree with tony. the prism 2 is pretty nice though. ;)

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
I'm lovin mine so far and it produced my first silver ring the other day.

I was debating getting a ACE 250 but heard some discussion about it not performing well on saltwater beaches but maybe an ACE user can verify that.

Good luck to ya

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Some say they have little trouble and others ( myself included ) have more trouble. I have yet to have one work in the wet salt water here in CT or even the saturated wet sand. Dry sand was no problem and just wet sand was OK.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I am a White's guy, but I really don't like the Prism. The Classics were great detectors, especially the IDX Pro. One thing the Classics have over the prism is the ability to use a variety of search coils, particularly a sniper coil. While I'm not exactly and Ace fan, the Ace 250 is a very good bargin compared to the Prism series. You would have to spend $500 on a Prism V to get the same features as an Ace 250.

Shop around on-line. How much are you planning to spend? Are you opposed to buying a used machine?

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i have an extra machine you can try this weeked, at Red Arrow. i think i would look at something different, does the P 11 have a G-B, soil isnt to bad here but get a little farther north and it will not do so well. ill talk to my buddy he might part with his IDX Pro, i dont think he has 2 hours on it

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
The Prizm II has great pinpointing. I have one for my boy and my backup. Stick with Whites you can't go wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread