need some advice

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
Its getting warm, which means its soon going to be time for me to buy my first detector.
I will be hunting mostly grassy lots as far as I know. I know this is a hobby as that I will love and keep for a long time, as I love coins, and do some coin roll hunting here and there, and I also spend plenty of time out in the woods in the spring hitting the morel mushrooms!

so, all that being said I have around 600-700 to spend..
I was looking at maybe the Garrett AT Pro or the Fisher F70

Let me know what you all think, and thanks for any help!
-jcole

Upvote 0

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
:hello2: Have had several garretts . No problem with any . Has never taken more than a yr to pick up enough goodies to pay for new detector .

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are decent machines. With that said. Take me morel hunting with you as they are hard to find around here......Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your choices are many for a detector. I can recommend the Ace 350 over the Ace 250. If you are planing to hunt out in the rain or hit the water the AT PRO would be a good choice for an all round detector. If not wanting a screen that lies to you anyway, the Teosor Vaquero is great and I can highly recommend them. Many hunters use them forever and Tesoro has the lifetime warranty. :thumbsup:

http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/vaquero/

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to your the hobby!!! There are many good machines out there these days and it can get confusing. Alot of the owners manuals are available at the manufactorers website to download for free. Go check it out and it can help you make up your mind. Also do not be afraid to ask around here on treasurenet as there are alot of good guys on here. Also keep your eyes open to the classified section here too. You can save a few bucks by getting a good used machine. Heck I have not bought a new machine in years as I always buy a good used one. Just my 2 cents, good luck, Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread