Need some Advice

ddutbrad

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2015
Sarver
Primary Interest:
Other
As I go through out each roll of coins I get I am very curious-- what should I be looking for in each denomination's rolls( mainly pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and very rarely halves). what are collectors looking for? what's worth money? any response would be greatly appreciates.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't do coin rolls, but I would say that the main lure is the silver, key date coinage, mint errors.

OP
OP
D

ddutbrad

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2015
Sarver
Primary Interest:
Other
what are the key dates? what would you look for?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Low mintage coins or odd variations. You need a guide or pricebook and a magnifying lens of at least 12X if you really want to find errors.

And there are mint errors like double strikes ( the 1955 Cent, for instance); or things like 7 vs. 8 tail feathers on the eagle of the reverse of the 1878 dollar (good luck finding one of those in a roll).

1955-double-die-penny.png

Most of them you wouldn't notice just looking at the coin. Drives me bug-knutz so I don't get into it.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post yur thread in the Coin Roll Hunting forum for best responses.
GL
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions