Need some dating help please and thanks!

Momof3

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Campbell ky
Detector(s) used
The trash finding kind!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With an old pair of the husbands work boots I was able to go a bit further into the forest today with confidence! I came across another great spot higher up than the spot I normally look and found these guys! This is the same area I found my first point (the Adena 1st pic) and the broken one which is about 1.5 inches as is so I'm just trying to get an idea if this area was used for more than one era!?! Thanks guys! Oh and if anyone can tell me what the non arrowhead artifact is that'd be great! I was thinking some kind of scraper..could be wrong though! Leaving the bad news up to the grim:hello:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
Very cool finds! Gotta be more too. The oval pointed one is no doubt a scraper in my eyes - very nice one too. The points are nice but I'm no help on types or ages. Someone here should be able to help or look for a home state point ID online. Image search "might" save you some time. Good luck & hh.

You have a great area to search! Congrats!

I would say those are from different time periods, The side notch points are older than the Adena culture I believe, but yeah, grim can tell you more, keep looking up there!

Thanks guys..and gal! Although it's the closets spot to my house drive wise.. It's the longest to walk to once I'm there! We had a good rain yesterday and I can't think about anything else other than going back! I think that's what makes this hobby so addicting! With metal detectors once it's been hunted it's gone and ALL your research was for no reason! This we can keep going back to hunt!!

The first point is a really nice Adena Robbins Point. The two in the second picture is a Big Sandy on the left and what looks to be a nice small Knife on the right. The last one looks like a broken Dovetail. Those are both Early Archaic pieces from 8500 BC.

Are these creek or field finds?

You're finding some really nice stuff!! There's a couple of spots on my place that have produced for 30 years. Tony
We had a good rain yesterday and I can't think about anything else other than going back! I think that's what makes this hobby so addicting! With metal detectors once it's been hunted it's gone and ALL your research was for no reason! This we can keep going back to hunt!!

Very nice finds.

The first point is a really nice Adena Robbins Point. The two in the second picture is a Big Sandy on the left and what looks to be a nice small Knife on the right. The last one looks like a broken Dovetail. Those are both Early Archaic pieces from 8500 BC.

Are these creek or field finds?
Semi field/ hill! We're searching all the natural drain into a sink holed stream. I'm not even sure how this new area we found came to be..its like a 20ft wide sink dry hole with its own separate drain off into it. The kid is sure there use to be water in it long ago!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back