What's new

Need some experts. Found by a creek at a known site. Almost tossed it not sure.

shadrickhunt

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2017
Messages
95
Reaction score
326
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505418362.903046.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505418384.281273.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1505418406.789167.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a small celt. Lacks polish but looks like it was smoothed. I'm no expert though.
 
I agree, looks like a celt. Some might question that, due to the material, but I've got celts just as grainy. I guess I might change my mind in hand, but looks like a celt with a bit blunted from use...
 
Looks like a celt to me, too. It may have been polished originally, but depending on the material and soil conditions, deterioration of the stone might've occurred over many years. Good find!
 
That sharp edge made me want to hang on to it . I don't ever find any celts or axes.
 
I'd like to think you found a a celt or an hard stone adze but the picture quality is too poor to to tell whether your stone is just a rock or an artifact.
 
Sure does look like a celt with a nice ground edge on the end. The overall surface of the stone does look odd, as if some salts or minerals have accumulated on it over time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom