What's new

Need some help with this one. Found in South Carolina

MadTom

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
300
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this walking the beach 2 summers ago. Can’t believe I saw it because it looked like a lot of the shells there. Not from the region so not so sure on the I’d. Time period? Approximate age?
 

Attachments

  • E9E820A4-BDC8-43EB-B367-87E0EC15D2BC.webp
    E9E820A4-BDC8-43EB-B367-87E0EC15D2BC.webp
    364.7 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
At close to 4 inches I would say it's more likely to be a Knife and not a Point. Great looking piece.
 
Great looking piece! Is it translucent? I was thinking knife also but it's really cool whatever it is!
 
If it was found in Ga. or S.C. I would say a Conerly point they were dart points and knives. I went back and saw where you found it in S.C. I would say it is a Conerly point
 
Last edited:
Look at the thread I just bumped to top Quartz Conerly and you will see one similar to yours
 
With the purple color in it, it looks like Briar Cr. flint from around Allendale on the Savannah River. Gary
 
Good looking knife!
 
Willijo is probably rite but looks like a Guilford to me. Most of the long slender points I have seen from that area are Guilfords
 
Thanks for the help.
 
Looks similar. Thanks!
 
No not translucent. I like the purple in it
 
Look at the thread I just bumped to top Quartz Conerly and you will see one similar to yours

Thanks. Looks similar
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom