need some help

Treasure Tom

Jun 22, 2007
Hi Passfinder, I have a Tiger Shark & it seems to work well in freshwater. I haven't tried in saltwater yet. From what I have heard, it is supposed to be one of the better freshwater machines. Sandman is very knowledgeable about water detecting, hopefully he will post some info.

Tom

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tiger Shark is a fine freshwater or saltwater detector as it has a saltwater mode switch for changing over to salt or to fresh. You can get other coils for this detector unlike some water machines. There used to be a Clean Sweep Coil (3' X 18") available for this detector that really allowed you to cover a lot of area per sweep and beat other hunters to the goods at busy beaches.

Yes, Pulse Induction detectors like the Sand Shark, Mark II, Surf Pro PI, Infinium LS, and a couple others are deeper than VLF's, but they love iron and you could wear yourself out or waste time digging deep holes for bobby pins, etc. Since iron takes longer to rust in freshwater, they really suck there. Course if you want to dig everything and have a young back you can go at it. I have dug down well over a foot for a wire bread wrapper twist tie a few times. If you collect bread wrappers, this is great.

The Tiger Shark seems to last a long time on batteries too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread