G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John

No mixing tank at all no burns the temp stays where you set it and when your down I have a 1/4 ball valve (small one as to stay out of the way)when you shut it off the unit has sensors that shut the flame down and when you open it up it fires itself again the only problem is a short bit of cool water befor the hot stuff comes
1tank runs aprox 20 hrs that's the size for your grill

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read

What dou you think of the miracle Matt I have it in one of my 4" keene and also built a small clean up sluice I set in my dredge to gr throu my cons
Iv been pretty impressed with it

W4MRK

Greenie
Dec 16, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey G1 did you get that dredge from the guy at Alabama Gold Camp? I saw where he had one for sale not to long ago. I thought about it myself, but have very limited places to use a monster like that so I thought better of it.

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
A buddy had a new Keene 4" with the miracle mat and after very little use the tips of the mat were all broken off.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
W4

Not from agc but down the road another hour auburn
It was on Craig's list probaly paid too much but you don't see these tripples much anymore and very rare in a 6"
So I jumped
I'm getting close to floating it can't wait hosier John has me tore up with the pictures and all
I'm really dreaming of taking this to nome I have a 26ft carver Santa Cruz I'd like to make a 2pointe hitch and tow it around but it's just a dream for now
But for now I'm just gona run the hell out of it

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Read

What dou you think of the miracle Matt I have it in one of my 4" keene and also built a small clean up sluice I set in my dredge to gr throu my cons
Iv been pretty impressed with it

I like the Le Trap for clean ups. Works well for me anyway. Good luck with your project, let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that's what I ordered so should. Be all good

Still looking from those pictures from John
Sure wish I could spen a day working with him on this dredge

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not interested spec o flec

I'd look to someone who knows a little more about what there doing !

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more question

John do you think a breaking flap nozzel is necessary with this unit ?

For a 6" No, it's not worth the extra weight. Is there a reason to have one? yea but only if you are working really deep and have weak hands. With a header box if a rock is stuck hard, get your hand in place gripped on the rock with the other on the handle ready to pull fast. Then bring the nozzle quickly out of the water while already pulling and then slap it back under instantly after it easily comes off with no suction holding it. Watch the hose, usually you will get maybe a 3ft plug of air or so in the pipe surrounded by water and it will be absorbed in the bend and after the jet with no visible loss to the flow in the box. I don't just keep the hose out of the water, I only lift it out to pull the rock so it's only a fraction of a second that it's out of the water

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok I now own a total of 8 of these floats so I have 2 extra

My questions is where to use the 2extra .. after leaning towards johns advise of a barrel down the center to flatten this dredge out
Where would you put them 2sidways across the back or down the center
Keep in mind adding to the frame is not a issue as I have a full fledge fab shop with welder bender brake ect
Thanks again !,
I know I could have used barrels I just wanted this to be spiffy .

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually we just put them down the center. Probably one will be enough but you will know when you have it running. It depends on your carpet thickness and there can be a few variables like always but one should do.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Reed

What do ya think about dropping the riffles on the side boxes and going with 1" expanded metal if so what would ya use for underlayment?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We bought some 18" wide vortex matting at Capital rubber for $7:20 a foot last week, I would run ½ that & ½ moss with the expanded for riffles. I haven't used the vortex in a dredge side box before but it looks perfect. Also the veranda carpet of John's would be great in the sides also.

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks again

Hope you got my reply on the pump stuff
Will post some pictures soon I'm about done!

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One more question

Untill the next on e any way .....

Is there any reason I can't cut my jet down too make it shorter?
The thing hangs a solid 32 " under water and it a pain to deal with!
I would love to make it sit just below the water line I just didn't know of it would effect any thing els?
Thanks

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the jets are under it won't make much difference in a crash box. Maybe a little less pressure but not enough to really notice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions