What's new

Need some insight

flintriverrat

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566086177.005801.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566086199.151401.webp

These are stones I found and I have some flint or what I think is flint and these as I broke them open look like it but they don’t have the crystalline look like the other flint I have found is it Chert or just limestone cortex?. The stuff I “know” or believe is flint I will picture below

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566086304.503906.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566086346.689814.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566086372.119403.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566086388.713236.webp
 
Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566089539.135146.webp pottery I’ve found recently as well
 
The stuff on the bottom looks like nice coral, if you heat it like modern knappers do it might get very colourful and glassy.

The top stuff looks like lower grade material, it appears to fracture the right way. Do thinner edges hold up or do they crumble away?
 
Thanks for the response josh! They thinner edges in some spots did crumble but some spots they seem fairly strong
 
The last two pics in the first post I have not touched or tried to break open or knapp that’s how I found them forgot to say that in the post
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom