What's new

Needed: Excal Battery, dead or alive...

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a battery(pod) for my new(older)excal. Doesn't matter if its an Alkaline or NIMH. Also doesn't matter if it is good or not. Please PM me if you have one you'd like to sell.

Thanks and HH,
Aaron
 
Upvote 0
I have seen new ones on Ebay of $100, seems kind of high, but that is what they wanted.
 
Steve, I have seen those as well. Kellyco has the Alkaline pods for around $80 I think. I'm looking for a used beat up one even if it isn't watertight. Hoping to not have to spend $100 since thats around half what I paid for the detector :) For now I'll just swap my new one back and forth. No hurry.

Thanks,
Aaron
 
I always felt it would be nice to have an extra pod laying around, because some times you get busy and forget to charge the one on the MD. Plus long detecting times, and you just switch out at the car. I will get back to you if I see anything. That link I sent has a good price for batt pack and chargers, but they dont sell pods. Alkaline batts seem to last a whole lot longer than rechargables, but the cost. But it is nice to have one, I am sure. I already looked on ebay, and there was 1 new one for $150-crazy! That was rechargeable.
 
Due to the "gold rush" the prices on the battery pods have doubled. The old alkaline pods were $29.95, the new ones $69.95 The rechargeable went from $69.95 to $140. You might call around to dealers and see if there might be any old stock they would deal on. I know the pods are scarce at the old price now, my partner was trying to find one. Did the seller of your machine happen to have the non-working pod laying around?
 
Can Slaw,

Thanks for the clarification. I will do some searching and see if any of the dealers have any they may discount. The seller was not the owner, he was more of a pawn shop so what I got was all he got :) I'm just thrilled it works since I took a real gamble on it :)

Aaron
 
I have an old Alkaline pod and I would like to know how to get it fixed. It seems to be broken and I would love to get it fixed. Any help would be appreciated.
Thx HH
 
What is wrong with it? They are pretty easy to repair. The only thing that normally breaks is the 9V type plug. They are available at Radio Shack, simple to solder a new one in to replace it.
 
Just got one from Ron at Windy City Detectors. Thats where I got my Excal from too. Great guy and great service. He sold me the last Alkaline pod he had in stock but is expecting more at the end of next week.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom