BosnMate
Gold Member
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2010
- Messages
- 6,942
- Reaction score
- 8,441
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
- Primary Interest:
- Other
This mano was found on private property along the Carson River in Nevada. The Natural Gas company put a pipeline across the ranch, and this mano, along with more than two dozen others came from the same location, dug up by the ditch digging machine. I've given a number of these manos away already. I have several of these in my own collection, I don't need anymore, so this artifact is to be given away. I'll give this one, along with a few more to any person that wants one for their personal collection, not to someone who will turn around and sell it. This one goes to the first person that PM's me saying they'd like to have it, and is willing to pay the postage, which will be about $6 in one of those boxes the PO lets you pack full of what ever will fit. To me this isn't worth more than about $6, but if you watch TV and can find the guy those diggers sell to, you might get $600 for it, but don't hold your breath. This particular one is granite, and the edges are battered like it was also used for pounding stuff as well as rubbing on a metate. The photos tell the rest of the story.
Upvote
0







