What's new

Never Anticipate..........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
3,194
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the lesson learned the past 2 days!! I went back to the dirt pile in the park.

607 Hunt.webp

As you can see, it had been knocked down once and I searched it again. It's where I found these.........

528 530 Buffalos.webp

1928 and 1929 Buffalo. Well, the pile was completely down to the last 3 inches and I hunted it once more........found nothing after an hour and half. It was getting late, so I meandered to a grass parking area to look for surface finds. 2nd space in I got a strong signal and began to dig. 3 inches down I hit this..........

608 Leather.webp

It is deteriorating leather!! It's a small handbag or purse!! My mind is immediately contemplating the coin spill I'm about to be blessed with!! After all, it WAS a really strong signal!! I dug and set the dirt in my inner tube catch-all.......and I dug, checking with my pointer and the detector........still had signal.......and I dug........and dug.........until there was no more signal..........:dontknow:
I had been checking my dirt pile all along and kept digging out these little grommets.......dozens of them...........THAT was my coin spill..........:BangHead:

This is part one of "Never Anticipate". Gotta go to a graduation ceremony. I'll post part two later tonight.......it's better than this...........
 
Upvote 22
Do you want me to send you a T-shirt? :laughing7:
"Been there; Done that; Got the T-shirt. :dontknow:
 
Even if you found nothing. You had that feeling that we all crave even if short lasted!! Cant wait to hear "The rest of the story"
 
I like them buffalos, congrats on digging the 2 keepers. :occasion14:
 
Congrats on your buffaloes - to bad bout the leather handbag not producing - anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom