What's new

never gonna forget the copper trail

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
So pleased to be out digging today, we were blessed with plus temps the last couple of days after a snowfall following our last hunt on Monday.

Iron Patch and myself were able to pick up right where we left off, well in the same area; the landowner of the fields had a little chuckle when I showed up at his backdoor again, I still think he thought we were nuts for detecting on a day like today! This morning we were swinging in sideways rain and snow!

But we've been out in much worse!

Hunting some fairly old sites today, and made a few good finds!A few relics, a few buttons, and of course some coins!
Not much to write home about in the relic department, I must have been in the old barnyard of the site when I dug the horse reins pieces and the crotal bell; the unforgettable find was the elephant head, found on my trip back to the car just before we left. I was thinking it was just a scrap of aluminum, until I noticed him starring back at me!

We didn't recieve much button love today ,although we made a last hour dash to an old site that gave up some miltary buttons in the past, all we got were some plain ones and a couple of muskei balls.

Coins for me included a nice five cents silver and some coppers. An 1815 token from our area, a bouquet sou, and a first for me, a Rutherford token from Newfoundland (St, John's variety) Sadly, I hacked this one with my shovel, only my nicest token this year

Quite possibly our last hunt of 2015. I'll be spending Christmas with family, turkey (not IP), and friends, and wishing I could be out digging!

If the temps stay good look for a post around New Years!
 

Attachments

  • uhs.webp
    uhs.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 150
  • uhc.webp
    uhc.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 162
  • uhe.webp
    uhe.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 150
  • uhf.webp
    uhf.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 127
  • uhr.webp
    uhr.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 149
  • uhrr.webp
    uhrr.webp
    17 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Very nice finds, I like the elephant, I found a silver kid's elephant ring one time, reminds me of yours.

It was totally unexpected and not what one would have expected from that site; I feel it was something that made its way there much later than the date if the site
Thanks treble !
 
You guys pounded that area unmercifully and have the goods to prove it. Congrats on a killer fall season and I'm looking forward to you guys getting back out after the deep freeze (if we even have one).

Thank you so much Bill
We had but one hunt in this spring which didn't even scratch the detecting itch for me, but our fall season made up for that!
That site will be one that a revisit is for certain!
 
IH,

Good score on the Newfie token.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Good hunt. Season really getting short now, never mind the weather, just the number of day, YIKES !
I am hopeful for one more day, maybe Wed. but won't hold breath.
I'd like to get me one of those Newfoundland coppers....
 
Good hunt. Season really getting short now, never mind the weather, just the number of day, YIKES !
I am hopeful for one more day, maybe Wed. but won't hold breath.
I'd like to get me one of those Newfoundland coppers....

I'm not hopeful for a reprise this year and I am counting that as the end of the detecting of 2015.
Keep looking for the tokens, they're out there to find!
 
Really nice way to wrap up the year, congrats.
ZDD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom