What's new

never gonna forget the copper trail

ironhorse

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
3,919
Reaction score
5,777
Golden Thread
2
Location
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
2
So pleased to be out digging today, we were blessed with plus temps the last couple of days after a snowfall following our last hunt on Monday.

Iron Patch and myself were able to pick up right where we left off, well in the same area; the landowner of the fields had a little chuckle when I showed up at his backdoor again, I still think he thought we were nuts for detecting on a day like today! This morning we were swinging in sideways rain and snow!

But we've been out in much worse!

Hunting some fairly old sites today, and made a few good finds!A few relics, a few buttons, and of course some coins!
Not much to write home about in the relic department, I must have been in the old barnyard of the site when I dug the horse reins pieces and the crotal bell; the unforgettable find was the elephant head, found on my trip back to the car just before we left. I was thinking it was just a scrap of aluminum, until I noticed him starring back at me!

We didn't recieve much button love today ,although we made a last hour dash to an old site that gave up some miltary buttons in the past, all we got were some plain ones and a couple of muskei balls.

Coins for me included a nice five cents silver and some coppers. An 1815 token from our area, a bouquet sou, and a first for me, a Rutherford token from Newfoundland (St, John's variety) Sadly, I hacked this one with my shovel, only my nicest token this year

Quite possibly our last hunt of 2015. I'll be spending Christmas with family, turkey (not IP), and friends, and wishing I could be out digging!

If the temps stay good look for a post around New Years!
 

Attachments

  • uhs.webp
    uhs.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 150
  • uhc.webp
    uhc.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 162
  • uhe.webp
    uhe.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 150
  • uhf.webp
    uhf.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 127
  • uhr.webp
    uhr.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 149
  • uhrr.webp
    uhrr.webp
    17 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Great finds. I feel your pain about the nick but it's not as bad as you think. Good job!
 
You fellas have done well on the "Trail" for sure....


At the end of the Trail on the way home it was more like this..




~Blaze~
 
Glad to hear ya'll got one last hunt in for 2015. Is that elephant head part of a pin, toy, what???
 
Still digging at this time of the year and there's still hope right up till the New Year here as well. Very cool Elephant head and nice Fishie as well. Getting more coppers is always fun as well. Keep digging your December finds plate is getting full, hope you'll dig an awesome silver for the Xmas bonus.
 
Nice digs. I like the elephant and the old coppers.
Glad yall could make it out one more time.
 
You fellas have done well on the "Trail" for sure....


At the end of the Trail on the way home it was more like this..




~Blaze~


It was like you were there!!!
It was exactly like that!!!

I said "Heeeyyy" to Officer Hottie for ya!
 
Great finds. I feel your pain about the nick but it's not as bad as you think. Good job!

Trying all season to put a nice copper in the collection, and I go and do that!
I'll be kicking myself for a while for that
 
Still digging at this time of the year and there's still hope right up till the New Year here as well. Very cool Elephant head and nice Fishie as well. Getting more coppers is always fun as well. Keep digging your December finds plate is getting full, hope you'll dig an awesome silver for the Xmas bonus.

If I get another chance I'll be happy with whatever I end up with
I got some really nice finds this year and if it's a done deal, still no regrets; we put ourselves on some awesome sites that could have given up some other great finds but I got what I got.....I knew I should have zigged when I zagged lol
 
Nice digs. I like the elephant and the old coppers.
Glad yall could make it out one more time.

Thank you sir!
If that was the end I'll have to detect vicariously through you guys down south until we can get out again
 
Nice variety of finds.
 
It's great you guys got in another hunt...that elephant head is pretty cool...I like the coppers too....I'd love to find one of those 5 cent silvers...I've heard people call them fish scales...congrats
 
It's great you guys got in another hunt...that elephant head is pretty cool...I like the coppers too....I'd love to find one of those 5 cent silvers...I've heard people call them fish scales...congrats

Thank you
Yeah fish scales, I guess they're small, round, thin, and shiny like the nickname
 
We'll have to hit the "Roxbury" again in the Spring... it's turning out to be not too bad a site.
 
Very nice finds, I like the elephant, I found a silver kid's elephant ring one time, reminds me of yours.
 
You guys pounded that area unmercifully and have the goods to prove it. Congrats on a killer fall season and I'm looking forward to you guys getting back out after the deep freeze (if we even have one).
 
We'll have to hit the "Roxbury" again in the Spring... it's turning out to be not too bad a site.

The Roxbury, I think we have a name for that site, Rochdale or Rutherford would have been a good choice too!

I may try to convince Billy to turn that field and plant it, that would be nice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom