Never in a million years

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Stopped by a yard sale last weekend,though,nothing better to do.It was on my way home,easy in and out.They were just starting to put stuff up and call it a day.Got to talking with the lady there,super nice,told me to take my time,look around,and here,have something to drink. You don't find people that nice very often.Didn't really see anything,was about to leave when I saw a stack of books.Just the corner sticking out,......Why not look?
Found a old piano song book,dated 1931,real good shape.My wife plays piano,so I though she might like it.Forgot about it until yesterday.Gave it to my wife,she got a kick out of it.Then she took a close look at it,would you believe it belonged to the lady that taught my wife how to play? Yep,got here notes in the margin,strong points,more practice here,everything. That put a BIG smile on my wife's face.Now,what's he odds of that happing again? Not enough money in the bank for me to sell it.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
How cool is that? Your wife must be thrilled, I know I would be. What a perfect piece of nastolgia! Good thing you followed those instincts, tell your wife congratulations!
CG

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small world, sometimes you never know what you will find.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a neat story. It was meant to be. Congrats.
-MM-

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Yep, very cool...
That's what I like best about this hobby. The trips you get to take back through time... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat story, I found a songbook, (1917) , once while cleaning out a garage for some folks.

Fossis..................

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that was just great makes you wonder how things like that happen sometimes 8) 8) 8) ;) ??? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread