What's new

Never seen a shell like this.

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this shell casing today at an old site. I never saw one like this. It is 1 1/2 inches tall and is just over 1/2 inch diameter at the base. no center primer. The crimped area where the bullet would seat is 1/2 inch diameter.

What kind is it?
What would be the age?
Worth anything?

:help:
 

Attachments

  • 18c.webp
    18c.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 18d.webp
    18d.webp
    11 KB · Views: 370
  • 18c.webp
    18c.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 374
  • 18d.webp
    18d.webp
    11 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
Nice Id. I knew it was of the Spencer ilk, but not which one. Not shown , but I have a copy of an old cartridge display board and its has several similar looking cartridges, but no specifications or measurements. I am guessing that caliber is fairly rare any more. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom