Never thought I would find one of these!! 1774!!!

caveman2

Jun 12, 2010
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I cant believe this! I hit an old house off the main highway. didnt expect to find much. I found this small silver thing. I thought it was a medical pin because I didnt know what the symbol was on the back I had it for a couple weeks now and decided to bring it over to olekyground and to my surprise he said it was a "Spanish" Reale! the date is clear 1774! My oldest coin without a doubt!! I still cant believe this!

Attachments

• joeys airplanes 120.jpg
    joeys airplanes 120.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,135
  • joeys airplanes 128.jpg
    joeys airplanes 128.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,119
Upvote 0
congrats...a spanish is a good way to break into that club... :icon_thumright:

Thats incredible!! I never thought I would actually see one of those! I say banner. awesome! and hard to find!

Congrats on an awesome find! Good thing you pulled it out to take another look. :headbang:

Great find, congrats.

:hello2: :icon_thumleft: Let me add my congradulations to you on such an outstanding find !!!!!!!!!! 1774 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome !!!

Congradulations on your spainish silver ! They can show up anywhere east of the mississippi and there is one posted on here from Illinois right now ! A great find enjoy !! MaineRelic

Super find!! I'm still looking for an early 1900's.......a 1944 wheatie is my oldest to date, kinda sad, huh?

thanks everybody, i found it a while ago. I was running out of time, i had to go. i came home and just put it away, i got it out and cleaned it up today and took it to my cousins "olekygroung" because i didn't know what it was, it's prolly the oldest coin that i will ever find :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

does anyone know about how much i could get out of it? cant find any values online

nice one :icon_thumleft: congrats!!! MR TUFF

I dont know about the value of it. I do know some fetch a decent penny. I'm no expert though. I would take it to a coin dealer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back