Prospecting

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The newly revised manual for 1.11 is now up on Nokta site but here it is Below to make it easier for everyone
Thanks for the heads up on that manual. And for the links . Just loaded up 1.11. Although I already had the update tool and had no problems with .07 & .09 , I had to re install , or install new drivers. Piece of cake after that.
The Legend User Manual (EN) - Software V1.11ViewDownload

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting my Legend Tuesday- wondering what version it will have. Hoping for 1.09 so I can take the time I need to set up the update which might be easy but might also be a pain cause I have to do on a work laptop which I may need the computer administrator to allow me to install the updater tool. I’m already setup to do any future deus2 updates which .76 went Ok back in June.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Getting my Legend Tuesday- wondering what version it will have. Hoping for 1.09 so I can take the time I need to set up the update which might be easy but might also be a pain cause I have to do on a work laptop which I may need the computer administrator to allow me to install the updater tool. I’m already setup to do any future deus2 updates which .76 went Ok back in June.
That is a $64000 question I have talked to a couple of people that received Legends that were 1.04 so it is anyones guess as to which version you receive, hope you get your wish.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the heads up on that manual. And for the links . Just loaded up 1.11. Although I already had the update tool and had no problems with .07 & .09 , I had to re install , or install new drivers. Piece of cake after that.
New Drivers? That is done how? Technically challenged Dave

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I opened the download tool a video instruction started, At one point it said I needed the drivers in order to proceed. Just clicked on that, when it was done it continued on. The video is quite explicit, and easy to follow the instructions, especially with the visuals.
I'll play with it tomorrow after reading the manual, and reviewing the updates. I don't do a lot of tweaking, but maybe now that things are supposed to be greatly improved I'll try a little more fine tuning.
Any of you beta testers work with it on salt water beaches? Any insight into your favorite set ups would be appreciated.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand we need to reset Factory Defaults. "ONCE YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REVERT BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS!" per the site. I can find no instruction on doing this on the site or in the manual. And perhaps it's been discussed on here and I just don't recall it. This is calling for a total device revert , correct?

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
once you update to 1.11 power your Legend down then power it back up once it is fully booted back up, click the power button once it will open up the menus at the bottom of your legend screen with the right arrow move over to the little man once on the little man hold the pin point reject button down you will see lines going around the Legend screen keep holding the pin point reject button down until you see (FD) on the Legend screen release the Pin Point Reject button and you have now performed a factory default reset
This is Oldkoot's response to my same question in the Legend Software now ready :) post. Good luck!!

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand we need to reset Factory Defaults. "ONCE YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REVERT BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS!" per the site. I can find no instruction on doing this on the site or in the manual. And perhaps it's been discussed on here and I just don't recall it. This is calling for a total device revert , correct?
if you have printed the 1.11 manual or have the 1.09 manual it is in there towards the back of the manual page 25 in the new Manual for 1.11

I highly suggest you print this out Below

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you think the printed form of the manual will be available to purchase in the near future?

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you think the printed form of the manual will be available to purchase in the near future?
why would you want to purchase it when you can just print it out, I just print the Manuals and put them in a three ring binder

or are you talking about Andy Sabisch Legend Book or Clives Legend Book

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No I was thinking the Nokta version. I could print it out, but the booklet to me is handier the a binder...I guess it won't matter much once I get out and learn enough about the unit to be dangerous. Thanks Oldkoot!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you have printed the 1.11 manual or have the 1.09 manual it is in there towards the back of the manual page 25 in the new Manual for 1.11

I highly suggest you print this out Below

Thanks. Had already downloaded the manual to my Kindle. (makes it easy to refer to on a bigger screen). And yes, there it is, same place as in the previous manual. Getting old ain't easy.
I find it easy to understand some confusion about this function. First of all it it's tucked in to the tail end of the section on user profiles. Why would Nokta not just put the instruction right there where the the statement is made on the software download page? Secondly , if all we are doing is resetting all user profile settings back to factory default why not just say ONCE YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REVERT ALL USER PROFILES BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS . If however we are reverting even more settings back to factory defaults it would be less confusing if it was in the SOFTWARE UPDATE section. It would be a good idea to put that revert instruction in that section in any case. Is it only the profiles that are being reset. As I've said before, I can jump start a heart, and have many times, but at times the high tech digital world confuses me. I appreciate your help.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks. Had already downloaded the manual to my Kindle. (makes it easy to refer to on a bigger screen). And yes, there it is, same place as in the previous manual. Getting old ain't easy.
I find it easy to understand some confusion about this function. First of all it it's tucked in to the tail end of the section on user profiles. Why would Nokta not just put the instruction right there where the the statement is made on the software download page? Secondly , if all we are doing is resetting all user profile settings back to factory default why not just say ONCE YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REVERT ALL USER PROFILES BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS . If however we are reverting even more settings back to factory defaults it would be less confusing if it was in the SOFTWARE UPDATE section. It would be a good idea to put that revert instruction in that section in any case. Is it only the profiles that are being reset. As I've said before, I can jump start a heart, and have many times, but at times the high tech digital world confuses me. I appreciate your help.
When you do the Factory default Reset it wipes everything except for the Timer that tracks the amount of time your Legend has been turned on, not sure that if it wipes the clock time in the 1.11 but I do know in the earlier versions it did not reset the clock, which to me it should have, again when you do a factory default reset it takes everything back to factory preset as well as wipes everything that you have saved to custom user settings

there is a second reset also where you can just reset each little man back to empty for me its just easier to do the Factory Default Reset, and I also feel it is good to occasionally do a Factory Default reset just to refresh everything back to new, the ability to do a Factory was not included in the earlier versions of the Legend and I never could understand why Nokta/Macro sent the first Legends out with out the ability to do the Factory Default Reset, the ability to do so was not added until 1.07 or 1.09 can not remember which, but I think it was 1.09

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if I didn't get the REVERT to Factory Default done before doing some adjusting do I :a)reload 1.11 and then a REVERT to FD, or b) just do a REVERT to FD now and move ahead? I guess you can't go wrong by doing the whole process over the correct way.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So if I didn't get the REVERT to Factory Default done before doing some adjusting do I :a)reload 1.11 and then a REVERT to FD, or b) just do a REVERT to FD now and move ahead? I guess you can't go wrong by doing the whole process over the correct way.
I would Do the factory Reset then try it out in your yard, I will tell you the Initial install of 1.11 that I did, did not set in correctly and when I did a few air test mine had severe depth loss, so I did several factory resets to no avail, I ended up doing two re installs and four Factory resets and the depth TI was seeing in the 1.10 Beta Test Versions came back, I can not tell you what caused the depth loss I was seeing but I will tell you it was a severe depth loss again after I did the re installs my depth was back to normal

we were having a severe snow storm when I did the initial 1.11 install and I think it affected the install initially is the only reason I can think of that would have possibly caused the initial install to go sideways so to speak, but the reinstalls seemed to correct it which I was happy with.

when I did the re-installs of 1.11 here is what I did I first performed a factory default reset then did the reinstall of the 1.11 and after it finised I performed another Factory default reset and turned around and did a second re install of the 1.11 and when it was finished I performed yet another factory reset then I did another install of the threshold update and another factory default reset, I have had no more issues as of yet but I really have not been able to get out and do a real world detect yet either because of these stupid freak snow storms we are having the best I could do is try the 1.11 and new LG24 coil out in my test best for about 30-45 minutes before another snow storm hit us

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you assuming that the threshold update was not included in 1.11, or just being safe?

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you assuming that the threshold update was not included in 1.11, or just being safe?
I am not assuming anything I know for a fact the threshold update is not included in the 1.11 update

watch this Video below and Dilek will explain the threshold update in video

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you oldkoot. I'm going to redownload 1.11 , revert to Fd and head to the beach. I may have a little time to test it out before going. Tomorrow will be my only chance to hit Ft Pierce Inlet south beach before they dump 500,000 cubic yds of "renourishment" sand on it. This is where I have found my only 1715 artifact, , a bomb, and a silver spoon bowl. So let's hope it is hitting on all cylinders. Then it will be a whole new game because the renurishment sand is coming from an authorized borrow areas off the coast of Fort Pierce Beach. No telling what might be coming in with that sand. You have been a big help as always. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread