NEW - - - 2009 collectable quarters

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
As a coincidence, today I received my latest issue of Wood magazine in the mail. Issue 184, July 2008. On page 10 there is an article titled "This just in: Six more quarters on the way!"

Apparently there are going to be 6 more quarters minted to honor the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands for the year 2009. I have listed them in order.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds good to me, I'll have to check the U.S. Mint to see when the proofs are being issued, cause I want some. :thumbsup: I just checked and the designs aren't even in yet. I guess that doesn't matter.

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
I wish they were consistant with what they originally stated. There are only fifty states last I checked. They always seem to get greedier and add things in the name of profit. I can't wait to see how they will extend the presidential dollar sets? First lady dollars? Vice-presidents?!? Anything for money. I quit collecting their stuff from now on and hope others get turned off too. Look how they have changed the proof sets over the years. They can't keep them looking the same so that us collectors can have a uniform set. Maybe some day the mint will get it.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmmm, they call it "user fees". If you don't want them, don't buy em. The firstest ladies are already out in gold, I wonder why that is? Can you name Theodore Roosevelts' vice president without doing a google search?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread