New Beach finds and local parks in Boston/NH.

pariswalk29 (NH)

Sep 10, 2007
Derry NH
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
HI all
I had some time to go MD'ing while the weather here in New England warmed up some.
Just wanted to let you know that not all the beaches here in New England are cleaned out as of yet. I had 1 1/2 hrs yesterday to go looking South of Boston. I found about $1.15 in clad and 2 silver. One dime, I still can't quite figure out what year it is yet and a 1935 Buffalo Indian Head Nickel. The nickel I almost didn't dig up since it was coming up as a foil/nickle/alum top. I dug it up in about 4-5 inches of soil. It was in great shape, though the picture didn't quite come out as clear, the nickle was very readable. I only scanned about 1/4 of the beach, so I will be heading down there again, and there are other beaches near by that I'll also be checking out when I have the time.
Found other junk along the beach, but you really don't want to see that I'm sure.

Next day I went out to a local park here in Derry, NH and found about $1.08 in clad. 1 penny was flattened out at a fair or something. No real junk in this park I must say. I only looked for about 1 1/2 hours. The ground was still frozen and found most of these in the wood chips where the kids play.

HH to all...

Mike B

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 455
  • Silver finds.jpg
    Silver finds.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
good going on the Silver buy the buff is not Silver I have to tell ya, they are composed of 75% copper and 25% Nickel but in my eyes there a great and somewhat rare find.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Paris,
Good thing you got out;
looks like we have a foot of snow coming!
I found a little cache of those squished pennies last year.
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread