What's new

New Beach Scoop - Love It

SoCalBeachScanner

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
610
Reaction score
547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coastal Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Yesterday, I received my new Indiana Scoop and used it today for the first time. Those super deep targets in the watery wet sand don't have a chance to allude me anymore.

The sand slides out of the scoop super fast when you are in the wet sand. And when I'm in the water the sand flows out through the stainless laser cut honeycomb pattern faster than my stainless mesh swing scoop. Total weight with the fiberglass handle is only 3-lbs/9oz. Totally Awesome Scoop!

It was made and shipped from Europe/Latvia and only took 11-days from date of order.


P1040791.webp--P1040794.webp--P1040793.webp--P1040798.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a knock off of the Sunspot Stealth 720i which can be had with a fiber floating handle in either the 90 degree which I prefer or the angled one which I thing wears out the wrist faster. But the important thing is the guarantee.
 
Looks like a knock off of the Sunspot Stealth 720i which can be had with a fiber floating handle in either the 90 degree which I prefer or the angled one which I thing wears out the wrist faster. But the important thing is the guarantee.


Sandman!! ... You know the procedure ... If you don't have something nice to say ... shut the hell up :)

I smiled when I said that :)
 
That scoop looks sweet. I dig pi so I need some protection. Them holes in the back up top would send me to the ER. I dig everything maybe if I was running a vlf it would be a different story. Nice scoop though.
 
Great looking scoop...did the handle come with it?
 
Sandman!! ... You know the procedure ... If you don't have something nice to say ... shut the hell up :) I smiled when I said that :)


I thought I did say something nice.??? It does look like a Sunspot even down to the bracket. Glad you smiled when you said to "Shut the Hell up." Glad I made you smile. We the People.webp
 
Great looking scoop...did the handle come with it?

Hi lookindown,

In the Lowe's flyer last weekend they had shovel and a dirt rake with a 1-1/4" fiberglass handle on sale, went and check it out, and the dirt rake was perfect.
 
Last edited:
I just got the exact same scoop. Super solid. Cheaper than a stavr and same gauge steel. Their is one other design that they make that tends to bend but this scoop with the steel stems welded is a solid design. Where did you get your fibreglass handle from? I really like it. I have to disagree, these are not knock off scoops. The company has been around for some time. They're a different company that make beach scoops just like Chevy and Ford and Dodge make trucks.
 
I just got the exact same scoop. Super solid. Cheaper than a stavr and same gauge steel. Their is one other design that they make that tends to bend but this scoop with the steel stems welded is a solid design. Where did you get your fibreglass handle from? I really like it. I have to disagree, these are not knock off scoops. The company has been around for some time. They're a different company that make beach scoops just like Chevy and Ford and Dodge make trucks.

Hi Irishgoldhound,

Look at the post above your post, that is where I got the handle. If you get fiberglass, be sure to slide in a dowel or some kind if reinforcement in the lower 18" or so. I used an 18" piece of a aluminum pipe that I had in the garage.
 
Yeah thanks I seen that after I sent my reply. Thanks for the tip!
 
I just got the exact same scoop. Super solid. Cheaper than a stavr and same gauge steel. Their is one other design that they make that tends to bend but this scoop with the steel stems welded is a solid design. Where did you get your fibreglass handle from? I really like it. I have to disagree, these are not knock off scoops. The company has been around for some time. They're a different company that make beach scoops just like Chevy and Ford and Dodge make trucks.

Hi Irishgoldhound,

When you get your handle on your scoop, you will absolutely love it. My second day with that scoop, it got me down to deep gold. Now I think back to all the targets I gave up on scooping because I couldn't get the depth with my swing scoop with the watery sand caving in.
 
yea even the holes are octagonal like the 720i, looks like the same angle on it, should be a really good scoop for ya socal! I do like my 720 a little better, made in USA baby!!

Looks like a knock off of the Sunspot Stealth 720i which can be had with a fiber floating handle in either the 90 degree which I prefer or the angled one which I thing wears out the wrist faster. But the important thing is the guarantee.
 
yea even the holes are octagonal like the 720i, looks like the same angle on it, should be a really good scoop for ya socal! I do like my 720 a little better, made in USA baby!!

Hi mnruxpin,

The Stealth 720i is a bolt-on type scoop and has cresses in the blade. Bolt-on scoops can be wobbly and not as strong as a welded scoop.

And the 720i weighs more, is uglier, and costs $70.00 more than my Indiana Scoop. Quality European Construction, Baby! :)


Stealth 720i
scoop 720i.webp
 
Last edited:
No wobble, guaranteed for life, even the wood handle.
 
I also have the 720i, which I like. But it IS heavy. I can see the attraction of your scoop,
being lighter weight. Please let us know in the future how durable it turns out to be.
If it still hasn't broken after a year's usage, that will make it a really attractive alternative.

Tom
 
Last edited:
Yes quality European construction at its finest. This is the weak link of these scoops that have a long body with a short top. It will bend after using in dense wet sand several times.
 

Attachments

  • image-1993146427.webp
    image-1993146427.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 219
Yes quality European construction at its finest. This is the weak link of these scoops that have a long body with a short top. It will bend after using in dense wet sand several times.


Now Fletch88, that is a bolt on handle scoop which there is no comparison to a fully welded strut collar, no matter where it's made.

Your going to have to dig deeper then that :)
 
Last edited:
Yes they changed the design after I raised hell with them and told them how big a piece of junk it was. Even the new design will bend. Trust me in this one. It's physics not my opinion. If you think this is European engineering at its finest you know nothing about engineering. The welds are crappy stick welds that have to be ground off to look decent. But that wasn't the failure. The problem is top to body ratio. Not digging just wouldn't toot your horn too hard about how much better it is than all the others. This is European engineering at its finest.
 

Attachments

  • image-3778723450.webp
    image-3778723450.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 171

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom