What's new

New Cellar Hole Gives Up Rare And Beautiful 1913 Barber Quarter. + Many Others

JerV3

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
5,720
Reaction score
2,618
Golden Thread
1
Location
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on much the past few weeks. I was having internet problems. Got it fixed for now though. I've been out doing a fair amount of hunting lately.

I'll list the coins as they were found. I didn't get pics of every coin dirty. Some days I only came home with just a few wheat's. It wasn't worth scanning them.

I was lucky enough last week to come across another foundation by accident. I went to a cellar hole I new of to do some hunting. I've found alot of good stuff at this site.

While I was getting into the brush I noticed 2 more piles of rocks that I never knew was there before. I started hunting it and the first night I came up with 9 old coins in a half and hr or so.

The following evening I took my Dad and brother to the site. We dug so many shotgun shells it was ridiculous. But I did come up with a flat button and a v nickle doing so.

Me my dad and brother were working a old dirt rd. That is were I found the really nice 1913 rare barber quarter. It's the second 1913 I have found. Man I wish it would have had an S mint mark.

Here are the break down of finds. This is from the park. 2 1922 Pittsburgh railways tokens. 1 1901 Indian. 1 1912 V-nickle.1 1918 wheat. 1 1947 Rosie. And last a 39 Jefferson.

The finds from the cellar hole. 1 1902 Indian. 1 1910 V-nickle. 1 1945 S war time nickle. 1 1 cent savings check token dated 1918.1 1939 Jefferson nickle. 1 1945 merc. And 7 wheat cents.

I also wanted to know if anyone could I.d the tag dated 1964. And the silver disc with the cut out. Could it be some kind of buckle.

It's been good lately and hope to come up with some more great finds over the fall season. Thanks for looking and reading.

HH Jeremy
 

Attachments

  • New Cellar Hole Finds Dirty.webp
    New Cellar Hole Finds Dirty.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 1913 Barber Quarter dirty.webp
    1913 Barber Quarter dirty.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Trolley and a V again.webp
    Trolley and a V again.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,144
  • 4 coins 1 hr.webp
    4 coins 1 hr.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,118
Upvote 0
Jer,

nice coins and nice artifacts.

Looks like you have been doing a lot of digging.

have a good un..........
 
Very nice finds Jer and congrats on that Barber! HH, Mike
 
Great finds, loves me some silver!

HH,
Ramapirate
 
Obviously a dig everything day! Nice work as usual. Monty
 
Thanks alot everyone.

There should be older coins and relics at this site. Not more than 30 yards away I found last year large cents flat buttons and alot of other early finds.

This site seems to be more latter in the 1800's early 1900's. I'm not complaining but the older finds are deeper probably. I did pull up one flat button pictured.

Dan, Things still look good for that weekend. I don't have any sites right now that are gonna give us tons of coins. But I do have alot of good sites to go over.

I bet we could manage a Indian or 2. I never come home empty handed. I just worry about who ever else is hunting with me finds something.

It would have easily been a 5,000 dollar coin with a S on the back. That would have been the highlight of my career.

Cheese, thanks for telling me that was a concho. I didn't know what it was. You were exactly right.

Thanks again everyone,

HH Jer
 
Re: New Cellar Hole Gives Up Rare And Beautiful 1913 Barber Quarter. + Many Othe

Jer,
AWESOME haul, that barber is super sweet!

Good to see your posts again.
 
Re: New Cellar Hole Gives Up Rare And Beautiful 1913 Barber Quarter. + Many Othe

Nice finds. Looks like all those coins are in great shape. Barber Quarter is sweet. They are so nice when not worn.

That is a lot of shotgun shells. A lot of times that is how I can tell a place has not really been hunted - lots of shells.

Nate has a couple weeks of cross country left and then we will get into some serious hunting. ;D

Bob
 
great site,,,,,,,, wow, lots and lots of nice things,,,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D
 
Thanks alot guys.

I didn't clean the 1913 Quarter. Like I stated before. I clean just about everything unless it is rare.

Mirage,

Luckily this one had no stains and was in great shape. The soil is very good at this site. I found a large cent near here last year that came back to new.

I spend hrs cleaning finds though. Really alot of my v-nickles and indians and wheats are bad. I just really know how to clean them now.

Most of the coins I find are really bad. I just try and make them look better.

Your also right on the shells and brass casings. Good signs are alot of metal targets around. It's very hard to tell if a good item is mixed with them.

You gotta dig it all. I found 4 or 5 old nickles at the site digging shot gun butts. They love to read nickle.

You and Nate will find something good. I know you guys are on top of things.

Thanks again everyone,

HH Jer
 
Thanks Brown.

HH Jer
 
;D Awesome finds look's like you have a great spot.....
 
Man when you come back online you come back in style! :o

I really like to see coins pictured dirty and then cleaned. It adds so much to the post.

Congrats!

Badger
 
;D Awesome finds look's like you have a great spot.....
 
JerDfx said:
I also wanted to know if anyone could I.d the tag dated 1964. And the silver disc with the cut out. Could it be some kind of buckle.
I do believe it's a dog tag.
 
Awesome finds Jer!

I read this earlier and thought I had posted, but I guess I didn't.

That quarter is puuuurdy. Very nice.
 
Thanks everyone,

Badger I try to hold off for a week or so before post. I could post on a weekly basis but I like to build a few up for everyone to see.

I thought a dog tag also. But did they have screws or nails in the sides of them. I had to clean the heck out of it to get it back. The nails coroded over the holes and ruined the tag.

I took a hammer to it and busted it all out. Then peroxided it and polished it out. If you look close you can see the sides are more gold in color. Took too much off in those areas but had to.

I'll continue to post finds dirty. I find alot of good stuff consistently. I don't want folks to think I'm not real.

HH Jer
 
Always great stuff, Jer. I love the barber...she's a beauty! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom