What's new

New Coil Test Drive yeilds a Sweet Copper

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
311
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bought a 15*12 sef coil form Gibh (Thanks!) here on Tnet and decided to take it for a test drive to check its function. Wouldnt you know it out pops a rarely seen Classic head 1810 Large Cent. Copper # 7 of 2011 And she sure is purdy...... lol
Ill take coppers all day everyday!
HH
James
 

Attachments

  • P1060697.webp
    P1060697.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 691
  • P1060698.webp
    P1060698.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 677
  • P1060699.webp
    P1060699.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 673
Upvote 0
steelheadwill said:
jamesbibb said:
terpfan said:
Great looking Classic head, they don't pop out very often. Are you going to clean it? The surface looks pretty fragile.

i dont clean them anymore I brush it off dry while the dirt is damp right out the hole with a toothbrush, then I put it in my pocket after it dries for a few hours and the pocket dust highlights the detail. Very technical process :laughing7: The always turn to crap after scrubbing them underwater.
Supernice Early Cent ! Congrats :hello2:
I am convinced about your cleaning method, Will be carrying my toothbrush on all future digs, That coin looks Great just the way it is :notworthy:

It aqlso helps to maintain the nice patina on relics to brush them you of the hole. Like buttons and stuff if they dont have any gold on them then I just dry brush them and leave them
 
jamesbibb said:
steelheadwill said:
jamesbibb said:
terpfan said:
Great looking Classic head, they don't pop out very often. Are you going to clean it? The surface looks pretty fragile.

i dont clean them anymore I brush it off dry while the dirt is damp right out the hole with a toothbrush, then I put it in my pocket after it dries for a few hours and the pocket dust highlights the detail. Very technical process :laughing7: The always turn to crap after scrubbing them underwater.
Supernice Early Cent ! Congrats :hello2:
I am convinced about your cleaning method, Will be carrying my toothbrush on all future digs, That coin looks Great just the way it is :notworthy:

It aqlso helps to maintain the nice patina on relics to brush them you of the hole. Like buttons and stuff if they dont have any gold on them then I just dry brush them and leave them

man I buthchered that statement LOL :laughing7:
 
Looks like the new coil is working :). You are Smokin' !! Saw the picts of the Script I's you sent Joe (civilman1) on his phone Monday, and now this...you are definitely on a roll. Congratulations!! :icon_thumleft:
 
MiniMe said:
Looks like the new coil is working :). You are Smokin' !! Saw the picts of the Script I's you sent Joe (civilman1) on his phone Monday, and now this...you are definitely on a roll. Congratulations!! :icon_thumleft:

LOl Thanks Bro! :tongue3:
 
Nice cooper ...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom