What's new

NEW CONTEST

Gm wind
It's a hot 7 degrees this morning. Think I will wear pants and a jacket today.
Last
 
7 degrees is cold,, its 5 ° here. I may treat my birds to a little heat.
I fired up the Kerosene heater for about an hour yesterday. These birds do better in the winter while there is less bacteria and parasites.
Last
 
Last edited:
How is the baby bird doing? Do you keep it in the nest with mom or pull it out? How many birds do you have in total now?
Last
 
Wind is sitting on a mountain of cookies. Hoarding them. Why?
 
The chicks are in a nest bowl, that is in a nest box. The parents will fight any and all birds that try to enter their nest box.
I had to handle the chicks yesterday. That was so I could slip year bands and Loft I.D. bands on their legs. I try not to disturb the nest.
 

Attachments

  • 20190111_112333.webp
    20190111_112333.webp
    285 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
The chicks are in a nest bowl, that is in a nest box. The parents will fight any and all birds that try to enter their nest box.
I had to handle the chicks yesterday. That was so I could slip year bands and Loft I.D. bands on their legs. I try not to disturb the nest.
That's pretty cool....good parenting skills. She looks happy.
Now I am
Last
 
Wind or Mrs. Pidgeon has good parenting skills?
Where's the daddy? Watching tv?
 
Did anyone see the size of that chicken?
Last
 
I knew it! You are a chicken thief. Wind will have to sit on his coop with a shotgun.
I called chicken btw. It's mine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom