What's new

NEW CONTEST

Different parts of the country gave different rules about cutting down trees and restrictions on open burnpits.
Last
Lol...I know...I was just taking a deep look into the future.
I burn all the time....we just have to keep an eye on spreading a fire. A few weeks back I but my dad's 47 acre land per his requirement for a government program his property is in to help clean up Michigan waterways. We had fire tornadoes going on the controlled burn. It went smooth.
Last
 
Just think....someday you will be taxed for burning those branches....lol
Last

Someday is today in California. There are not too many authorized burn days during the year, and when there are they are all during the winter, usually after a rain. And even then you will need a burn permit if you want to light something up.
 
off to work I go
 
Good last to all
And to me the last
Last
 
Another day of work is over and had a nice swim at the pool. Really helps with the back pain being able to take some of the pressure off. Now its time for a couple cold beers and make dinner. Wife wants Salisbury steaks with steamed broccoli and potatoes so I will oblige like a good husband. My 96 year old father in-law that we are are caring for has never eaten so well.
 
Long day, mowed lawn, shopped for walk behind weed walker, went to treasure hunting club meeting, and took 1st place in jewelry category for Sears Roebuck and Company 14kt ring.
Good day,
Last
 
Long day, mowed lawn, shopped for walk behind weed walker, went to treasure hunting club meeting, and took 1st place in jewelry category for Sears Roebuck and Company 14kt ring.
Good day,
Last
Did somebody say GOLD!
last
 
Yep,, Gold
I watch the president of the club slip his find, which was a Silver Cat Brooch into the artifact tray because it would not win against a gold ring. Isn't a brooch a piece of jewelry? His silver cat won against an "Illinois Central Baggage Claim" and a "Caterpillar Watch Fob"
If you win the category, you get a Mercury Dime.
Why would anyone throw away their "Honor" just to win a Silver Dime?
 
One more day of work and then 4 days off. Unfortunately it’s forecasted to be 104 degrees tomorrow and I work outdoors...wearing 30 pounds of stuff. I am predicting periodic showers of sweat.

Last
 
off to work I go
 
Yep,, Gold
I watch the president of the club slip his find, which was a Silver Cat Brooch into the artifact tray because it would not win against a gold ring. Isn't a brooch a piece of jewelry? His silver cat won against an "Illinois Central Baggage Claim" and a "Caterpillar Watch Fob"
If you win the category, you get a Mercury Dime.
Why would anyone throw away their "Honor" just to win a Silver Dime?
That is a bit messed up.
Especially at a fun group event. Lol
Last
 
4 days off, going to work on my cabin and maybe sneak in some morning trout fishing
 
That is a bit messed up.
Especially at a fun group event. Lol
Last

There have been a few incidences where the President ignored the proper procedure and caused the vote to go in a certain direction. He allowed a non eligible coin to be entered as a monthly find and it won. There was also a little manipulation where a Common Barber Quarter beat out a Gold Ring?
I'm thinking of leaving the club. I have been enjoying this hobby for too long to get involved in dishonesty or politics.
 
There have been a few incidences where the President ignored the proper procedure and caused the vote to go in a certain direction. He allowed a non eligible coin to be entered as a monthly find and it won. There was also a little manipulation where a Common Barber Quarter beat out a Gold Ring?
I'm thinking of leaving the club. I have been enjoying this hobby for too long to get involved in dishonesty or politics.
That's to bad. One bad apple can ruin the whole pie sometimes. Tough call.
Last
 
Well, I'm tired ,, cut down two trees and burned hundreds of branches.
Also did a little laundry,, busy, busy, busy.
Last
 

Attachments

  • 20180613_185016.webp
    20180613_185016.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom