New dd coil for me :)

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Sup guys I'm just real happy and gotta tell someone who knows what I'm talking about.
I had my metal detector for a year and a week about now and it's been awesome I've found really cool stuff. Rings, change , silver and gold.
Historical stuff, that made me have more appreciation for the area I live in and taught me a lot about local history so I can tell historic places from new ones. It's so cool all I wanted for Christmas was a 5" dd cherry picker coil, even though I couldn't use it. "dam winter".
But spring came, I hunted my old spots some more, and found so much more that it makes mding even better. It was my birthday on July 9th. and u know it, I just wanted an upgrade to the detector.
So I Ordered up a 11" dd coil. I got the stock 8" concentric, ( stock on the teknetics 4000 ) and the cherry picker, which works great :) but sadly lacks on coverage. Every coil has it's use though. :)
So I got it and it looks sweet. It does good air tests on all the " treasure" I have accumilated over the year and I'm super excited to try it on some bigger spots I've wanted to search for a while. Just real happy and raring to get out. :)

I'll post the first hunt here I hope I get something good. Better go to a new spot or ?? Ya never know. Hmmmmm?

Here's my setup now.

image-2067512295.jpg

image-1755586343.jpg

Happy hunting.

Oh and I got a sweet 30x21mm jewelers loupe for free from where I ordered it. Sweet:)

image-2983363709.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! One can never have too many coils!! That larger DD will be a nice addition for you, covers ground better than the concentrics. My birthday was 7/11 and I treated myself to a new carbon fiber shaft set-up from Plugger for my Excal and a new set Detector Pro Nugget Buster headphones for my Safari. Gotta treat yourself good on your birthday!!

OP
OP
BugsyDiggs

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Well here's the first finds and it works great:)

image-350809156.jpg

image-2778098367.jpg

Got 2 silver coins 1917 Canadian dime and 1941 Canadian quarter along with other goods.
Must be getting a little more depth with the dd.

I love it :) thx for looking:)

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I have NOT read on these forums but have seen in practice is that with the DD coil targets close to the surface can hit 2 or 3 times..
At depth the DD field goes lengthwise heel to toe down the center of the the coil. Just below the coil, the outside of the coil will pick up targets as well. I found this rather confusing first couple of times it happened... Now when I hear 2 of 3 hits very fast, I lift the coil till i get only one..
Good luck with the new toy!

OP
OP
BugsyDiggs

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Sometimes I get double hits. I think it's 2 things cause it is most of the time but sometimes just double beeping on close treasure:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread