New Detector Today: Find From One Hour Hunt Nearly Covers Price.

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
*****Photos are UP!*******

I decided today to run to town and buy the Garrett AT Pro. I have been putting it off for a few months, but I have found that it is a far better machine than the AT Gold, which I have been running for nearly a year now. I went straight home and got my gear and headed out to a homesite that I have killed with two other detectors. I detected for one hour and found some great stuff, the best of which was my 67th Bingham School button. This one has the Civil War period transitional Scovill MFG CO backmark! Unfortunately some kid had to pop a square nail right through the center of it, you can see the shank was still attached when he did it. This particular "Confederate" button does not have a set value because so few exist. I have heard of others selling for $400 range, nice to find a big portion of what I spent on the detector in my first hour digging. I am trying to dig as many different types as possible, and catalog each kind. About 5 feet away, yesterday, I dug my oldest coin on that particular site, an 1864 no "L" indian head!(It, too had a hole in it, like the button from today. Interesting to find two holed items from the same time period in the same location) My other finds from today were a STERLING cuff link, a buffalo nickel, a couple brass valve keys, and a lead bag seal. The cuff link is marked STERLING and WB in a diamond. The hallmark is for Wachenheimer Bros. which began in 1907 in Rhode Island, and their work is highly collectible. I love my new detector. It is DEEP. I strongly recommend the AT Pro.
33moksz.jpg

ndr9zc.jpg

vsdfdw.jpg

m7w6fq.jpg

hx50ky.jpg

6svyuq.jpg

308w1g6.jpg

348hwrd.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not your computer mate! The server has a tech. issue for everyone trying too upload photos.

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Nice finds cant wait to see the pics. I am looking to get a AT PRO in the not to far future. Saving my clad and penny pinching on other things I noramly do I am about 1/2 way there.

Digs68

Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the pics! I have an AT Pro also & love it! It's amazing (and sometimes irritating! Lol!) how sensitive it will be on the tiniest of targets! I've dug many tiny copper or brass washers, little bits of lead shrapnel, etc. Not to mention the occasional tiny sliver of can slaw that will drive you crazy trying to sort out of a clump of dirt!
I especially like the waterproof features of it for hunting in occasional sloppy conditions.
What I would change? I wouldn't mind if it were a bit lighter. It's a little hefty at the coil.

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IVE HAD THE AT PRO FOR ONE YEAR, LOVE IT FOUND SOME GREAT FINDS, I BROKE IT LAST WEEK, THEY ARE NOT AS TUFF AS THEY ADVERTISE, ITS IN GETTING A TUNE UP NOW, LOL ANYWAY THE NEXT DAY I ORDERED THE AT GOLD, IVE ONLY HAD IT 5 DAYS AND GOTTA SAY ITS A TOUCH MORE COMPLEX TO LEARN THAN THE AT PRO, BUT I REALLY THINK THE GOLD GETS MUCH BETTER DEPTH AND TARGET SEP THAN THE PRO, I LIKE BOTH MACHINES AND I WILL USE THEM BOTH, NICE FINDS!!!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a rewarding hunt for the first time out with that machine...WTG! :thumbsup:

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds Thanks for sharing

Scouts out!

dutchtoga

Jun 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2se
Garret ATpro
Garret ATgold
Xp Deus
Nox 800
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IVE HAD THE AT PRO FOR ONE YEAR, LOVE IT FOUND SOME GREAT FINDS, I BROKE IT LAST WEEK, THEY ARE NOT AS TUFF AS THEY ADVERTISE, ITS IN GETTING A TUNE UP NOW, LOL ANYWAY THE NEXT DAY I ORDERED THE AT GOLD, IVE ONLY HAD IT 5 DAYS AND GOTTA SAY ITS A TOUCH MORE COMPLEX TO LEARN THAN THE AT PRO, BUT I REALLY THINK THE GOLD GETS MUCH BETTER DEPTH AND TARGET SEP THAN THE PRO, I LIKE BOTH MACHINES AND I WILL USE THEM BOTH, NICE FINDS!!!

Blah blah blah

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blah blah blah that t2 wont make it another week the way you bounce of trees!!!

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is my next machine that I want, the AT Pro!!

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Brad. I'm glad you like the new machine.

dutchtoga

Jun 28, 2012
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2se
Garret ATpro
Garret ATgold
Xp Deus
Nox 800
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know if it was me or the T2se all I know is we performed better on both outings on two different sites against two different people. FACT!! Lol.

Attachments

• image-2075403995.jpg
    image-2075403995.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 63

ATBrian

Greenie
Mar 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact: Since you got the T2 the ATGold has found more coins and relics...and you hunt much more than I do:) LOL!! You're alright there Dutch! God Bless!

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think the gold is not as good as the pro?? I'm interested in either just would like to hear your thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread