New detectorist, new detector, 1st outing.

HMS Beagle

Jan 28, 2007
wny
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 :: Tesoro Compadre :: Equinox 800
After much anticipation, i got my first detector. An ace 250. Myself and another Tnet'er went out on saturday to a spot they have hunted before. I had no problems with PP'ing, we referenced many many targets with their DFX and the 250 was right on the money. I was impressed with the target ID, which was reasonably accurate to 6" of dirt. On a few occasions, I dug "pennys" at 6", and the 250 was right on, it was so dry and the ground so hard, we didn't dig much over 4". The clad was coming up pretty well for both of us.
Shortly after arriving, people were showing up in droves, so we left for a quieter spot.
We went to another spot they hunt, I stepped into the mowed field, turned my detector on and immediately got a solid "quarter" at 6" on the display and nice tone. At 5" I popped out a nice silver medallion. All in all, I'm impressed with the detector and had a great day!
Beagle

My first days clad
1stdirtfish.jpg

My first silver!
1stsilverfr.jpg

1stsilverrr.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks like you know what you are doing. great finds.
Dman

Thanks again everyone, we finally got some rain so i will be out this weekend digging some deep holes.
Beagle

I had a medallion just like that but sold it for the silver content.. congrats on everything.... happy huntin.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back