What's new

New Field New Finds Part 2!

looking4largecent

Full Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2011
Messages
160
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
iowa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the same field that has been in CRP for several years. This is just the good stuff. I also have lots of junk buttons, harmonica reeds, old shotgun brass and loads of junk. The crotal bells were all found in the same hole. The pencil looking item is made of brass and says W. W. Waddell on one side the other side says Improved 1855. If you have any ideas what this might be let me know. The item above the furniture drawer pull is made of brass, it is bowl shaped, had a screen inside and the bottom is threaded. I have no idea what this is. And now to the good stuff: military button, palmolive token, a man's ring, 1951 & 1953 Iowa dog tax tags, 1919 & 1944 wheat cents, 1887 indian and a first for me an 1866 2 cent piece. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • Pic1.webp
    Pic1.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 858
  • Pic.webp
    Pic.webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 845
Upvote 0
Interesting finds !

Thanks for the photos. :headbang:
 
Boy, I do like those crotal bells.
 
"The item above the furniture drawer pull is made of brass, it is bowl shaped, had a screen inside and the bottom is threaded. I have no idea what this is."

I am guessing pump intake strainer, turn it pipe up...bell open down. Similar to marine bilge pump intake.
 
Love the bells!
 
windage said:
"The item above the furniture drawer pull is made of brass, it is bowl shaped, had a screen inside and the bottom is threaded. I have no idea what this is."

I am guessing pump intake strainer, turn it pipe up...bell open down. Similar to marine bilge pump intake.
Thanks for the info.
 
good selection of finds :icon_thumright:
 
Crotal bells are always nice - nice finds
 
Nice find's!! The long item look's like it may be a razor handle.
 
Love those bells :icon_thumleft:



Blaze
 
Once again. great finds! That field is really producing for you! Pound it hard! :laughing7:

-ncsilverspider

P.S. Did you get any markimns on that possible Railroad key from the first hunt? Just wonderin. ;D
 
ncsilverspider said:
Once again. great finds! That field is really producing for you! Pound it hard! :laughing7:

-ncsilverspider

P.S. Did you get any markimns on that possible Railroad key from the first hunt? Just wonderin. ;D
It looks to say Eagle something? Co. I cant read the middle word sorry to get you a reply so late. If I find out more I'll sure let you know.
 
Cool bells. Did you find them all in the same area? Any idea what they were on?
 
highnam said:
Cool bells. Did you find them all in the same area? Any idea what they were on?
Yes all the bells were in about a 3'x3' area. I would say they came off a horse harness that has long since deteriorated. 4 of the bunch were in the same hole. I was shocked when I kept getting signals.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom